By George Shepherd, David Kruglinski
By Elliot B. Koffman
"It is a realistic e-book with emphasis on actual difficulties the programmers come across daily."
--Dr.Tim H. Lin, California nation Polytechnic college, Pomona
"My total impressions of this publication are very good. This publication emphasizes the 3 components i would like: complex C++, information constructions and the STL and is far greater in those components than different competing books."
--Al Verbanec, Pennsylvania kingdom University
imagine, Then Code
by way of writing code, practise is important to luck. sooner than you can start writing winning code, you must first paintings via your suggestions and study the predicted functionality of your layout. that is why Elliot Koffman and Paul Wolfgang's gadgets, Abstraction, info buildings, and layout: utilizing C++ encourages you to imagine, Then Code, that can assist you make sturdy judgements in these severe first steps within the software program layout process.
The textual content is helping you completely comprehend easy info buildings and algorithms, in addition to crucial layout talents and ideas. nearly 20 case reports help you practice these talents and rules to real-world difficulties. alongside the best way, you will achieve an knowing of why diversified facts constructions are wanted, the functions they're suited to, and the benefits and downsides in their attainable implementations.
* Object-oriented approach.
* facts constructions are awarded within the context of software program layout principles.
* 20 case reports toughen solid programming practice.
* Problem-solving technique used throughout... "Think, then code!"
* Emphasis at the C++ usual Library.
* potent pedagogy.
DCOM -- the disbursed part item version -- is a contemporary improve of a ordinary and well-tested know-how promoted via Microsoft for dispensed item programming. Now that elements are enjoying a bigger and bigger half in home windows ninety eight, home windows NT 4.0, and home windows 2000, each home windows programmer should want to comprehend the know-how. DCOM competes with CORBA as a wealthy and powerful strategy for growing expandable and versatile parts, permitting you to plug in new components with ease and improve with out the necessity for code adjustments to each application that makes use of your component.This e-book introduces C++ programmers to DCOM and offers them the elemental instruments they should write safe, maintainable courses. whereas utilizing visible C++ improvement instruments and wizards the place acceptable, the writer by no means leaves the implications as much as magic. The C++ code used to create disbursed parts and the communications exchanged among structures and gadgets are defined at a degree the place the reader is familiar with their importance and will use the insights for such projects as debugging and enhancing performance.The first few chapters clarify either the distant method calls that underlie DCOM's conversation and how DCOM makes use of C++ sessions. Readers turn into firmly grounded within the relation among parts, periods, and gadgets, the methods items are created and destroyed, how consumers locate servers, and the fundamentals of safeguard and threading.After supplying you with a grounding in how DCOM works, this booklet introduces you to the Microsoft instruments that make all of it effortless. by way of exhibiting what fairly occurs whenever you decide a button in a wizard, Learning DCOM allows for you to settle on what you need.This e-book is for someone who desires to comprehend DCOM. whereas completely useful in its targets, it does not stint at the historical past you must make your courses secure, effective, and simple to maintain.Topics include:
- MIDL (Microsoft Interface Definition Language, the language for outlining COM interfaces)
- COM blunders and exception handling
- Custom, dispatch, and twin interfaces
- Standard and customized factories
- Management of in-process as opposed to out-of-process servers
- Distributed reminiscence management
- Pragmatic rationalization of the DCOM twine protocol
- Standard, customized, handler, and automation marshaling
- Multithreading and apartments
- Security on the approach configuration and programming level
- Active Template Library (ATL), ATL wizards -- and what they do not do
- Writing an element that may be invoked from visible Basic
- Techniques for utilizing allotted components
- Creating an ActiveX regulate and embedding it in an online client
- Authentication and using home windows NT safety features
- Techniques for merging marshaling code
- Connection and allotted occasions management
- An creation to COM+ features
Expert counsel for these programming today’s dual-core processors PCs
As workstation processors explode from one or to now 8 processors, there's an pressing want for programmers to grasp concurrent programming. This publication dives deep into the newest applied sciences to be had to programmers for developing expert parallel functions utilizing C#, .NET four, and visible Studio 2010. The e-book covers task-based programming, coordination info constructions, PLINQ, thread swimming pools, asynchronous programming version, and extra. It additionally teaches different parallel programming options, resembling SIMD and vectorization.
- Teaches programmers professional-level, task-based, parallel programming with C#, .NET four, and visible Studio 2010
- Covers concurrent collections, coordinated information buildings, PLINQ, thread swimming pools, asynchronous programming version, visible Studio 2010 debugging, and parallel trying out and tuning
- Explores vectorization, SIMD directions, and extra parallel libraries
Master the instruments and know-how you want to boost thread-safe concurrent functions for multi-core platforms, with Professional Parallel Programming with C#.
- Learn to use Qt5 to layout and customise the look-and-feel of your application
- Improve the visible caliber of your software through the use of the photograph rendering method and animation approach supplied by way of Qt5
- A reliable stability of visible presentation and its contents will make an program attractive but functional
With the development of laptop expertise and the ever-growing software program engineering box, the software program industry is exploding with a whole bunch software program offerings for the person, making their expectancies larger not just when it comes to functionalities, but additionally the appear and feel of the applying. The extra specialist the software program appears to be like, the better the opportunity of it being bought or downloaded. for this reason, bettering the visible caliber of your software is key so one can triumph over the marketplace festival and stand proud of the crowd.
This publication will train you ways to boost practical and attractive software program utilizing Qt5 via a number of step by step instance initiatives which are either attention-grabbing and enjoyable. This ebook covers various themes similar to look-and-feel customization, GUI animation, images rendering, imposing Google Map, and extra. you won't in simple terms research hundreds valuable details, but in addition benefit from the technique of engaged on the inventive tasks supplied during this book.
What you are going to learn
- Customize the feel and appear of your program utilizing the widget editor supplied through Qt5
- Change the states of the GUI parts to cause them to seem in a unique form
- Animating the GUI components utilizing the integrated animation method supplied by means of Qt5
- Draw shapes and 2nd photos on your software utilizing Qt5's robust rendering system
- Draw 3D pix on your program via imposing OpenGL, an industry-standard graphical library on your project
- Build a cellular app that helps contact occasions and export it in your device
- Parse and extract information from an XML dossier, then current it in your software's GUI
- Access to MySQL and SQLite databases to retrieve information and show it in your software's GUI
- Learn the best way to expand C functions with natural Python code
- Get extra from Python – you are going to not just study Cython, you will additionally liberate a better knowing of the way to harness Python
- Packed with counsel and methods that make Cython glance effortless, dive into this available programming advisor and discover what occurs if you convey C and Python together!
Cython is a hybrid programming language used to jot down C extensions for Python language. Combining the practicality of Python and velocity and simplicity of the c program languageperiod it really is a thrilling language worthy studying so as to construct speedy functions with ease.
This re-creation of studying Cython Programming exhibits you ways to start, taking you thru the basics so that you can start to event its particular powers.
You'll how one can get manage, prior to exploring the connection among Python and Cython. you are going to additionally examine debugging Cython, prior to relocating directly to C++ constructs, Caveat on C++ utilization, Python threading and GIL in Cython. ultimately, you will study item initialization and assemble time, and achieve a deeper perception into Python three, with a purpose to assist you not just turn into a convinced Cython developer, yet a way more fluent Python developer too.
What you'll learn
- Reuse Python logging in C
- Make an IRC bot from your C application
- Extend an program so that you have an online server for leisure calls
- Practice Cython opposed to your C++ code
- Discover tips to paintings with Python ConfigParser in C
- Create Python bindings for local libraries
- Find out approximately threading and concurrency concerning GIL
- Expand Terminal Multiplexer Tmux with Cython
About the Author
Philip Herron is a developer who focuses his ardour towards compilers and digital computing device implementations. whilst he was once first approved to Google summer season of Code 2010, he used idea from Paul Biggar's PhD at the optimization of dynamic languages to increase an explanation of the idea that GCC frontend to bring together Python. This venture sparked his deep curiosity in how Python works.
After finishing a consecutive 12 months at the related venture in 2011, Philip utilized to Cython lower than the Python starting place to realize a deeper appreciation of the normal Python implementation. via this he begun leveraging the benefits of Python to regulate the good judgment in platforms or maybe upload extra high-level interfaces, similar to embedding Flask net servers in a leisure API to a system-level piece of software program, with no writing any C code.
Philip presently works as a software program advisor for Instil software program established in Northern eire. He develops cellular purposes with embedded local code for video streaming. Instil has given him loads of aid in turning into a greater engineer.
He has written a number of tutorials for the UK-based Linux structure journal on Python and likes to percentage his ardour for the Python programming language.
Table of Contents
- Cython will not Bite
- Understanding Cython
- Extending Applications
- Debugging Cython
- Advanced Cython
- Further Reading
This publication teaches introductory programmers who're already accustomed to object-oriented programming and C++ find out how to use the MFC library.
By Herbert Schildt
C++ Builder five is an built-in improvement enviroment for development standalone, client/server, dispensed and Internet-enabled home windows functions. This source offers an advent to the operation of the Intergrated improvement Enviroment (IDE), a few of the instruments, the debugger, the C++ language and libaries. It additionally offers assurance of the traditional template library (STL) and home windows programming.
By Gilbert Brands
Dieses Lehrbuch vermittelt sehr detailliert die zentralen Konzepte der Programmierung in C++. Dabei wird anhand vielfältiger, komplexer Problemstellungen die Entwicklung korrekten und wiederverwendbaren Codes gezeigt und zudem eine Programmiertechnik vorgestellt, die typische Fehler und Inkonsistenzen zu vermeiden hilft.
In den einzelnen Kapiteln werden Grundlagen und fortgeschrittene Themen zu quick allen Gebieten der Programmierung unter C++ betrachtet. Die exakte algorithmisch-mathematische Herangehensweise steht dabei stets im Vordergrund.
Der Leser wird schrittweise anhand praktischer Aufgaben an die Problemstellungen herangeführt. Die fortgeschrittene Programmiertechnik mittels Templates und die ausführliche Untersuchung der Genauigkeit von Berechnungen sollen zudem
die Bedeutung mathematischer Konzepte deutlich machen und Wissenslücken schließen.
Diesem Werk liegen langjährige praktische Erfahrungen in der Entwicklung von Prozessleitsystemen sowie in der Lehre zur Programmierung zugrunde.
By James Reinders
Multi-core chips from Intel and AMD provide a dramatic develop in velocity and responsiveness, and lots of possibilities for multiprocessing on traditional computing device pcs. yet in addition they current a problem: greater than ever, multithreading is a demand for solid functionality. This advisor explains how one can maximize the advantages of those processors via a conveyable C++ library that works on home windows, Linux, Macintosh, and Unix structures. With it, you are going to how to use Intel Threading construction Blocks (TBB) successfully for parallel programming -- with no need to be a threading expert.
Written by means of James Reinders, leader Evangelist of Intel software program items, and in keeping with the adventure of Intel's builders and clients, this booklet explains the major initiatives in multithreading and the way to complete them with TBB in a transportable and strong demeanour. With lots of examples and whole reference fabric, the ebook lays out universal styles of makes use of, finds the gotchas in TBB, and provides vital directions for selecting between choices for you to get the easiest performance.
You'll find out how Intel Threading construction Blocks:
- Enables you to specify projects rather than threads for greater portability, more uncomplicated programming, extra comprehensible resource code, and higher functionality and scalability in general
- Focuses at the aim of parallelizing computationally in depth paintings to carry high-level solutions
- Is suitable with different threading applications, and does not strength you to choose one package deal to your whole program
- Emphasizes scalable, data-parallel programming, which permits application functionality to extend as you upload processors
- Relies on common programming, which allows you to write the very best algorithms with the fewest constraints
Any C++ programmer who desires to write an program to run on a multi-core approach will make the most of this publication. TBB is additionally very approachable for a C programmer or a C++ programmer with no a lot event with templates. better of all, you don't want adventure with parallel programming or multi-core processors to exploit this book.